About ENT-Ear Nose Throat
Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital in Chennai is dedicated to provide high quality of treatment for all ear, nose, throat head & neck and balance related disorders. Our hospital has a state of the art diagnostic laboratory capable of carrying out comprehensive and specialized hearing, balance, facial, voice, laryngeal, nasal, olfactory, airway, allergy, and sleep investigations.
Our Ear, Nose and Throat consultants have a wide range of experience in any type of Ear, Nose and Throat ailments. We at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital are focussed improving the quality of life for patients with a variety of clinical and surgical treatments restoring patients to their healthy original conditions. Whether you have an ear infection, a snoring problem, dizziness, nasal blocks, breathing difficulties, our well renowned consultants will ensure you get treated very safely and competently. Our ENT clinic treats patients of all ages between children and adults.
Our ENT unit is completely equipped with wide spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic sets of equipment's, microscope and fibre optics. Surgical facilities are technically equipped well to perform complete set of ENT related endoscopic procedures and surgeries continuously.
A team of well-trained medical staffs and nurses are available round-the-clock. We also provide wide range of services and consultation about ENT symptoms and treatment for the patients coming to our hospital via the outpatient clinic.
Our wide range of treatment for ENT conditions include:
- Allergic Rhinitis is a diagnosis associated with the group of symptoms affecting the nose. The symptom arises when a person with allergic rhinitis breathes in an allergen such as dust, animal dandler, or pollen. Sometimes, the symptoms also occur when a person eats a food they are allergic to. Hay Fever involves allergic to pollen. The chance of getting allergic rhinitis is higher, if your mother has allergies.
- Sinusitis is a condition in which cavities around nasal passage become inflamed. Sinuses are hollow air spaces within the bones surrounding the nose. They produce mucus, which drains into the nose. If your nose is swollen, this can block the sinuses and cause pain. Common symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, fatigue, cough, and congestion.
There are several types of sinusitis, including
- Acute, which lasts up to 4 weeks
- Subacute, which lasts 4 to 12 weeks
- Chronic, which lasts more than 12 weeks and can continue for months or even years
- Recurrent, with several attacks within a year
- Tonsillitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the tonsils. Tonsils are lumps of tissue at the back of the throat. There are two of them, one on each side along with adenoids. They are part of lymphatic system, which clears away infection and keeps body fluids in balance. Tonsils and adenoids work by trapping the germs coming in through the mouth and nose. Tonsillitis is caused by virus and sometimes by bacteria named strep throat. The symptoms of tonsillitis includes,
- throat, Red, swollen tonsils
- Trouble swallowing
- A white or yellow coating on the tonsils
- Swollen glands in the neck
- Bad breath
- Nasal Polyps are soft, painless, noncancerous growths on the lining of your nasal passages or sinuses. They result from chronic inflammation due to asthma, recurring infection, allergies, drug sensitivity or certain immune disorders. Symptoms may include a runny nose, stuffiness or post-nasal drip. In some cases, there may be no symptoms.
- Deviated Septum is a sideways displacement of the wall between the nostrils which is condition present at birth or result of an accident/injury. In many cases, it does not have any symptoms, but some symptoms include congested nostril, nosebleeds and noisy breathing during sleep.
- Laryngeal cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the larynx (part of the throat found in between the base of the tongue and the trachea). It is caused due to use of tobacco products and drinking too much of alcohol. Signs and symptoms of laryngeal cancer include a sore throat and ear pain.
- Sleep Apnoea is a serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. Symptoms include snoring loudly and feeling tired even after a full night's sleep.
- Paediatric Conditions - there are many ENT conditions, often congenital, that require treatment at a very young age. These include airway problems, infections of adenoids or tonsils that require their removal, and grommets for 'glue ear'.
- Salivary Stones forms when chemicals in the saliva accumulate in the duct or gland. They mostly contain calcium. The exact cause is not known. But factors (like dehydration, poor eating, and use of certain medications) contributing to less saliva production and/or thickened saliva may be risk factors for salivary stones. The stones cause no symptoms as they form, but if they reach a size that blocks the duct, saliva backs up into the gland, causing pain and swelling.