X. Sidonia valasDepartment of Medical Physics Division
X. Sidonia valas
Designation : M.Sc., Medical Physics., Medical Physicist & RSO
Area of Expertise : Medical Physics Division
- Comissioning of treatment machines, simulators and treatment planning systems.
- Calibration and quality assurance on all treatment machines.
- Performing patient specific quality assurance prior to treatment.
- Performing Radiological Safety related work both for Patient and Radiation workers.
- Taking care of Personal Monitoring services like TLD badge to the radiation workers as an RSO.
- In Submitting Annual Reports to the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (Govt.of India).
- Helping to the Radiation Oncologist in contouring and delineation of CT images of Patients.
- Treatment planning for the cancer patient using CT and Images and Evaluation of treatment plans.
- Installation and commissioning experience with Elekta Synergy Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) linear accelerator with kV Cone beam Computed Tomography system in 2010.
- Commissioning and clinical implementation experience with the CMS-Xio IMRT treatment planning system in 2010
- Working experience of Siemens Primus (digital) Dual energy liner accelerator and its calibration with Scanditronix Wellohfer Blue Phantom (RFA).
- Calibration of Ir-192 in Nucletron microselectron HDR with Scanditronix Dose 1 Dosimeter.
- Working experience in Nucletron treatment planning system 3D PLATO (sgi-fuel) and Oncentra Master Plan (virtual simulation) for planning 3D Conformal Radiotherapy using Customized blocks in High-energy photon Beams.
- CT based 3D planning experience for HDR Brachytherapy.
- 3D treatment planning systems such as PLATO (Sgi), ONCENTRA-virtual simulation.
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy using Ir-192 remote after-loader in planning and treating Intraluminal applications, Cervix, Prostate, Rectum Template applications, Breast, Penis, Tongue, Soft Palate and Soft tissue Sarcoma Implants,
- Working experience as an RSO in the departments of Radiotherapy, Radio-diagnosis & Nuclear Medicine, which involves gadgets like siemens primus linear accelerator, microselectron HDR, siemens Emotion Duo CT, x-ray units, Gamma camera and PET-CT.
- Clinical training in ‘Radiotherapy, Radio Diagnosis and Nuclear Medicine’ at VNCC, G. Kuppusamy Naidu Memorial Hospital, Coimbatore.
- One week training in ‘Radiation Protection and Radiation Biology’ at IGCAR, Kalpakkam during Dec 2005.
- Clinical training in ‘Radiotherapy, Radio Diagnosis and Treatment Planning’ at B. I. R & O, Govt General Hospital, Chennai during Feb & Mar 2006.
Two weeks training in ‘Radiation Hazards, Evaluation & Control and Quality Assurance in hospital environment’ at BARC, Mumbai during Mar 2006.
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- Appasamy Murugan, Xavier Sidonia Valas, Kuppusamy Thayalan, Velayudham Ramasubramanian “Dosimetric evaluation of a three dimensional treatment planning system” in Journal Of Medical Physics, Vol:36, No:1, 15-21, 2011.
- A.Murugan, K.Thayalan, V.Ramasubramanian, X.Sidonia Valas “Measurment of Transit time and dose of Ir-192 HDR brachytherapy stepping source using re-entrant chamber” in International Journal of Brachytherapy, Vol:7, 175, 2008.
- “Measurement of Transit time of Ir-192 HDR Brachytherapy stepping source using re-entrant chamber” in 29th Annual conference of AROI in 29th Nov-2nd Dec 2007 at Chennai.
- “Dosimetric evaluation of 3D Treatment Planning System” in National Conference on Medical Physics and Radiation Safety in Nov-2007 at Shrinagar.
- “Comparison of beam data Measurement using ionization chamber and semiconductor detector for High Energy Photon Beams” in National Conference on Medical Physics and Radiation Safety in Nov-2007 at Shrinagar.
- “Electron beam data measurement using semiconductor detector in a dual energy linear accelerator” in State Annual Conference on Medical Physics and Radiation Safety in Aug-2007 at Kancheepuram Regional Cancer Centre, Kancheepuram.
- ‘Comparison of Point A and Point H in Gynecological Malignancies using HDR Brachytherapy’ at XI Annual conference on Medical Physics & Radiation Safety, organized by Association of Medical Physicists in India( TN & Pondicherry Chapter) at V. I. T, Vellore in Sep-2006.
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Annual conference on Medical Physics & Radiation Safety, organized by Association of Medical Physicists in India( TN & Pondicherry Chapter) at G.K.N.M Hospital, Coimbatore at August 2010.
- 24th AROI State conference organized by Association of Radiation Oncologists of India at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital at Oct 2009.
- Annual conference on Medical Physics & Radiation Safety, organized by Association of Medical Physicists in India( TN & Pondicherry Chapter) at Bilroth Hospitals at Sep 2009.
- ESTRO endorsed course on ‘Dose Calculation and Verification for External Beam Therapy’ at Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals and Science city , Kolkata, India from Jan 29th to Feb 1st 2009.
- State Annual Conference on Medical Physics and Radiation Safety in Aug-2007 at Kancheepuram Regional Cancer Centre, Kancheepuram.
- Brachytherapy Workshop conducted by Indian Brachytherapy Society, Madurai Meenakshi Mission Hospital, Madurai in Jan-2007
- XI Annual conference on Medical Physics & Radiation Safety, organized by Association of Medical Physicists in India( TN & Pondicherry Chapter) at Shanmuga Hospitals, Salem – Sep 2004.
- International conference – XXVI Annual conference organized by Association of Medical Physicists in India at Chennai during Nov 2005.
- Annual conference on Medical Physics & Radiation Safety, organized by Association of Medical Physicists in India( TN & Pondicherry Chapter) at V. I. T, Vellore during Sep 2006.
Organized a “National Workshop on Calibration of Hdr Brachytherapy Source” at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital in association with the Indian Brachytherapy Society on September 5 – 6, 2008.
- Blood Bank
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology
- Critical Care
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Liver Pancreatic Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Endocrinology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Physics Division
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Physiotheraphy Department
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Physics
- Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery