ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
A specialty which deals with correction of a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region.
An ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON
Faciomaxillary Surgeon is a specialist surgeon treating the entire Cranio-maxillo-facial complex , specifically deals with the surgical management of diseases that affect the mouth and face including the jawbones. The diseases range from infections in the jaws and face, cancer of the Oral Cavity and facial trauma which is very much prevalent in India. Maxillofacial surgeons are usually initially qualified in Dentistry (BDS) and have undergone further surgical training with qualifications of MDS (Master of Dental surgery). Few Maxillofacial surgeons also have additional qualifications from United Kingdom and other countries specifically FDSRCS and FFDRCS.
AN ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON CAN PERFORM THE FOLLOWING SURGERIES
- Wisdom teeth removal, difficult tooth extractions, extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or preprosthetic surgery to provide better support for the placement of implants, or other dental prostheses.
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic facial pain disorders including trigeminal neuralgia.
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Removal of growth or tumors and cysts from jaws or face and jaw reconstruction.
- Facial trauma correction jaw fractures, cheek bone fractures, fractures,Lefort fracture, fractures and eye socketfractures.
- Cosmetic facial surgery – all types including Orthognathic surgery.
- Head and neck cancer surgery.
- Treatment of cleft lip and palate and associated deformity.
- Dental implants for teeth replacement.
- Splint and surgical treatment of , maxillomandibular advancement, genioplasty (in conjunction with sleep labs or physicians).
- Distraction osteogenesis- a new form therapy in bone lengthening for severe facial deformities.
- Blood Bank
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology
- Critical Care
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Liver Pancreatic Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Endocrinology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Physics Division
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Physics
- Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery