Dr. P. ThirumalaiDepartment of Cardiology
Dr. P. Thirumalai
Designation : M.B.B.S., M.D.(General Medicine), D.M.(Cardiology)., Director of Cath Lab Services
Area of Expertise : Interventional Cardiology
CARDIOLOGY TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 25 Years after D.M. CARDIOLOGY.
- 2 Years as TUTOR IN CARDIOLOGY, MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE.
- 5 Years as ASST PROFESSOR OF CARDIOLOGY, MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE.
- 2 Years as READER IN CARDIOLOGY, MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE.
- 15 Years as ADDITIONAL PROFESSOR OF CARDIOLOGY, MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE.
- DM CARDIOLOGY EXAMINER FOR MGR UNIVERSITY(3 Years).
- EXAMINER FOR Dip NB, CARDIOLOGY JUNE 2007.
- 30 Years of Experience in CARDIOLOGY.
- Has done more than 25000 Cardiac Catheterization including coronary angiogram.
- Well experienced in implantation of permanent pacemaker and Emergency Temporary pacing. Implanted more than 1500 permanent pacemakers.
- Well competent in management of Acute Coronary Patients. Has worked for two years in the Coronary Care Unit of one of the biggest hospitals in Asia i.e. Government General Hospital, Madras.
- Good knowledge in Clinical Cardiology, was looking after Cardiology out-patients clinics and in-patients in the Department of Cardiology, Government General Hospital, Madras for 33 Years.
- Gained good experience in Echo Cardiography and Stress Testing.
- Trained in Nuclear Cardiology at U.S.A.
- Well trained in percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) and valvuloplasty.
- Worked for nearly 10 Years in various faculties of General Medicine, like Casualty Medicine, Paediatrics and General Medical Wards.
- Congenital absence of pulmonary Valve – a series of 23 cases – Joint Annual Conference in Cardiology, 1983.
- 2D Color Doppler Echo Cardiography in Ventricular Septal Defect – International Conference in update in Cardiology and Color Doppler Echo Cardiography, New Delhi 1986.
- Doppler Echo Cardiographic Assessment of severity of Mitral Regurgitation – Joint Annual Conference – 1983.
- Silent Myocardial Ischaemia – joint Annual Conference in Cardiology – 1987.
- Streptokinase Therapy in Acute Myocardial Infarction – Joint Annual Conference in Cardiology – 1987.
- Assessment of Left Ventricular function by “Nuclear Imaging” – Joint Annual Conference in Cardiology – 1987.
- Blood Bank
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology
- Critical Care
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Liver Pancreatic Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Endocrinology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Physics Division
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Physiotheraphy Department
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Physics
- Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery