Dr. Mrs. Vijaya SwaminathanDepartment of Radiation Oncology
Dr. Mrs. Vijaya Swaminathan
Designation : M.B.B.S., DMRT, MD(RT)., Visiting Consultant
Area of Expertise : Radiation Oncology
CLINICAL TRAILS AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
ATLAS – Adjuvant Tamoxifen long against short in Breast Cancer International Multicentric Trial Participated in Clinical Research Project meeting on post mastectomy Radiotherapy conducted by IAEA, Vienna during Feb 2006.
- International Member- EBCTCG – Early Breast Cancer Trialists Collaborative Group.
- National Life Member – Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI).
- Panel Member in TNM Breast Cancer Group – Indian Chapter, during 2006-07 (Indian national TNM Committee).
CLINICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Radiotherapy – Conventional, 3D Conformal, IMRT & Brachytherapy.
Dr.AL. Mudaliar Award for outstanding Performance in DMRT .
Rajkumar T, Soumittra N, Vidubala E, Sridevi V, Mahajan V, Ramanan SG, Vijaya S Organization and running of the first comprehensive hereditary cancer clinic in India. Hereditary Cancer in Clinical Practice ( in press).
Presented two papers in International Breast cancer Conference(Breast Cancer in new millennium)- At Nagpur in February’ 2000.
- Pattern of metastasis is in Breast Carcinoma.
- Prevalence of Hormonal receptors among Pre and Post menopausal, Breast Cancer patients – Cancer Institute .
- Blood Bank
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology
- Critical Care
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Liver Pancreatic Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Endocrinology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Physics Division
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Physiotheraphy Department
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Physics
- Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery