Dr. Soundaravalli HarrisDepartment of Radiation Oncology
Dr. Soundaravalli Harris
Designation : M.D., D.M.R.T., Visiting Consultant - Radiation Oncologist
Area of Expertise : Radiation Oncology
25 years as “Consultant” and “Visiting Consultant” in the following renowned and established hospitals.
- Visiting Consultant -Radiation Oncologist -V.S. Hospital, Chennai( Mar 2006 Onwards).
- Visiting Consultant -Radiation Oncologist -Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital,Chennai(2006 Oct Onwards).
- Visiting Consultant -Radiation Oncologist -Ramakrishna Hospital,Coimbatore (2004 Oct-2006 Mar).
- Consultant –Radiation Oncologist – Tamilnad Hospital,Chennai(1995 Jun -2000 Jun).
- Consultant-Nagamani Nursing Home,Chennai(1996 Mar -2000 June).
- Medical Supdt.,Consultant & Sonologist – Karunya Hospital,Coimbatore(2000 Aug -2005 July).
- Consultant/Sr. Medical officer- CSI MultiSpeciality RAINY Hospital,(300 Bedded),Chennai(1978 Jan- 1995 Feb).
- Medical officer – CSI Mission Hospital (200 Bedded) Erode & at Nazareth(1971 Jun-1978 Oct).
EXPERIENCE AS RADIATION ONCOLOGIST
1. Visiting Consultant -Radiation Oncologist at V.S. Hospital, Chennai – 31[ from 2006 Mar onwards ] Presently working on Varian High Energy LINAC which has facilities such as :-
- CT PLANNING AND MULTILEAF COLLIMATOR [MLC].
- INTENSITY MODULATED RADIOTHERAPY [IMRT].
2. Visiting Consultant – Radiation Oncologist at Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital,
- External Beam Radiotherapy / IGRT
- HDR Brachytherapy with Iridium wires for all Cancer Cervix patients;
- Vault applications with cylinders for Post OP Pelvic cases;
- Intraluminal Brachytherapy for Cancer Oesophaqus cases.
3. Visiting Consultant –Radiation Oncologist at Tamilnad Hospital.
- Has work experience in both Linear Accelerator and Cobalt Machines for over 8 years.
- Has experience with HDR Brachy Therapy and Intra Luminal Brachy Therapy(ILBT).
As faculty for Dip.N.B. (Radio Therapy) candidates for over a period of 2 years at,
- Tamilnad Hospital & Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore. For Radiation Technologists @ CSI Rainy Hospital for 3 years.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS / PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES
Presented paper on “Pituatary Adenomas and Craniopharyngeomas” in VIth congress of AROI, Hubli.
- Presented paper on “Bone Tumours” in AROI, Tamilnadu Chapter, Chennai.
- Life Member in AROI & CMAI.
- Chaired sessions in AROI Tamilnadu Chapter.
- AROICON - 2007 [ 29 th National Conference of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India.
- National BrachyTherapy Conference held at Bangalore 2006
- VIth, VIIth Congress AROI;
- XV Asia Pacific Cancer Congress;
- British association of surgical oncology congress
- Many annual AROI meetings in Tamilnadu
- XVIII Annual Conference of Society of Nuclear Medicine etc.
Regular participant in AROI Chennai chapter and various CME Programmes.
- Blood Bank
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology
- Critical Care
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Liver Pancreatic Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Endocrinology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Physics Division
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Physiotheraphy Department
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Physics
- Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery