Dr. J. SurendranDepartment of Radiation Oncology
Dr. J. Surendran
Designation : MBBS., M.D.R.T., Consultant Radiation Oncologist
Area of Expertise : Radiation Oncology
Over the past 10 years, worked in several multi-speciality hospitals with complete radiation treatment facilities including High Energy Digital Linear Accelerator and HDR Brachytherapy. Performed as a visiting consultant in 20 nursing homes and hospitals.
- Dr Jagdeshan Award for Junior Consultants by AROI- Tamil Nadu Chapter.
- Dr Padamsingh Award by AROI – Tamil Nadu Chapter.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Precision Radiotherapy and Image Guide Brachytherapy.
- Visiting Consultant at Dr. Rai Memorial Hospital (1999-2004).
- Assistant Medical Official in Department of Radiation in (WIA)Cancer Institute Adyar (1997-1998).
- Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Tamil Nadu Hospital Pvt Ltd (1998-1999).
- Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Dr. Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, No 1 Radial Road, Pallikarnai, Chennai -601 302 ( from 1999 till today).
CLINICAL TRIAL EXPERIENCE
- Received ICH-GCP training on 07-05-2008 as part of the Site-Initiation Visit by RCRS
- Sub- Investigator for Breast Cancer trial “A Double-Blind, Randomized Phase 2b Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Sorafenib Compared to Placebo when Administered in Combination with Paclitaxel in Patients with Locally Recurrent or Metastatic Breast Cancer”.
- Sub- Investigator for NSCLC trial “A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Phase II Anamorelin HCL Dose Range study to Evaluate the safety and efficacy of Anamorelin HCl in patients with NSCLC”.
Sub-Investigator for A Phase II Study to Determine the Safety, Efficacy, and Pharmacokinetics of Multiple Intravenous Doses of ALD518 80 mg, 160 mg and 320 mg Versus Placebo Administered to Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer-Related Fatigue and Cachexia.
- Blood Bank
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cath Lab
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology
- Critical Care
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Liver Pancreatic Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Endocrinology
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Physics Division
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics Gynaecology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Physiotheraphy Department
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Physics
- Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Transplant Surgery